[AMRadio] AMers should not operate other modes??

Dave Mayfield wrl at gwltd.com
Thu Jan 31 21:33:05 EST 2008

I rarely get in on this kinda crap topic but I will tonight.

I love AM, and I have nothing against  SSB and or CW, in fact I have be
known to operate both, but if I had to choose only one mode for the rest
of my life it would be AM.

Having said that. There is nothing wrong with SSB, CW, AM, PSK or any
other mode. What makes them good or bad the the operator, and that's it.
I know lots of guys on AM that are really poor Op's, most because they
just don't know any better, not because they are bad guys. Same can be
said for SSB or CW op's. But what burns my butt are the AM guys that
think they are gods gift to AM. Maybe because they have lots of money
and can afford a home in Mexico and run their way to wide AM stations
remotely over the Internet, not to mention the AM op's that can't afford
a sheet of paper and pencil to keep the rotation right inn a QSO. But
the thing that really gets me is the AM'ers that call the SSB guys names
like Slop bucket, and so on. Grow up!

Dave W9WRL

Anthony W. DePrato wrote:
> At 09:46 AM 1/30/2008, you wrote:
>> With the recent poll on the list, I'd like to ask the group something,
>> and I hope I don't ruffle any feathers, SNIP
>
> Well i operate AM and CW maybe ssb 2 or 3 times a year if i hear a
> station i need for band and mode dxcc but that is all the ssb i do.
> as for the guys commits we do not need them. so ill just spin the dial
> on by
> 73 Tony
>

> QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS
>
> ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
> Since 1962
> CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
> A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227 F.O.P. LODGE 68
> DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
> DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS
> South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
> CALLS HELD:
> WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1