[AMRadio] Bondo

Rick rickb at tx.rr.com
Tue Jul 1 10:46:14 EDT 2008

Hi Todd...

I enjoy hearing about people older than me, but there aren't many around! HI
The cabinet is that of a Bauer 707, so laying it horizontal is not an option
for this old man. :~)  I think the tape backing is a great idea.  I may have
to go in layers to prevent sagging of the material.  I honestly don't expect
a high gloss finish, but I would like it to not be too noticeable.  I'll let
ya'll know it works.

Thanks to all..

Rick/K5IAR

I always enjoying hearing about someone older than me. :D

Rick, my memory of bondo and similar fillers is that they shrink up,
crack, get brittle, and otherwise fall out of larger areas. Not so
much of a problem covering a small area of damage, but filling a hole
with nothing to hold it but the thickness of the panel edges around
the hole doesn't sound promising...

The JB Weld idea is one I've thought of too. There's a Hammarlund
SP-100 panel waiting for just such a repair in my 'to do' pile. My
thought was to put tape or such across the back... ~ Todd,  KA1KAQ