[AMRadio] Bondo

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 12:36:20 EDT 2008

Rick,

Bondo will do the job.  The last small can I bought came WITH about a
square foot of fiberglass screen taped to it.

Stay AWAY from the aluminum "welding"/"brazing" rods!  They are
NEITHER!  They are a VERY poor aluminum solder.  It cracks like crazy,
and has NO strength.  The ONLY aluminum welding that WORKS, is either
MIG or TIG.

Your real ONLY solution is a body filler of one type or another.  JB
Weld is fine too.  The problem I see with JB weld is that it would
pretty much require the surface to be horizontal, UNLESS you use a
backing like aluminum screen.

Bob - N0DGN

--
Bob - NØDGN