[AMRadio] ARRL initiative

BSugarberg bsugarberg at core.com
Tue Jul 15 15:28:34 EDT 2008

Hello Larry,

But in a condo, you do not own the property.  All you own is the
inside of your unit.  The exterior of the building, such as the
roof, and the grounds around the building, and the ground on which
the building sits, are "common property" owned and controlled by
the condo association.  Your "property rights" end when you step
outside your front door.  For example, if you have a porch, the
condo assoc. can dictate what kinds of chairs you are allowed to
have on your porch, or even if you are allowed to have chairs on
your porch.  I could go on, but you get the idea.  And many contracts
allow the condo assoc. to fine you, or take legal action against you,
and then put a lien on your property, or evict you.  Also, condos
are notorious for having Assoc. officers who act like little Hitlers.
If any of the condo assoc. officers take a dislike to you, God help you.
The best solution is to avoid getting yourself into this situation if
at all possible.

73, Bruce WA8TNC