[AMRadio] Fighting deed restrictions

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Tue Jul 15 17:59:29 EDT 2008

This is the third thing the ARRL is trying to do that I truly
support.  First of all they have legal representation in Washington
D.C.  Second they monitor band allocation and have an intruder
watch, then actually pester the FCC about intruders.  Now they are
trying this.  They may not succeed, but I support them.

Breaking a contract in the form of a CC&R is very difficult, but has
been done.  The court system, the FCC and most hams are afraid to
get on the side of Amateur Radio in this issue, because of all the
little ladies in tennis shoes who will spend whatever time and money
it takes to wart the officials crazy.  This is the kind of thing
that draws TV reporters like moths to a flame.

I do wish them good luck and hope, not matter your feelings for the
organization, you will do what you can for them.  This issue is
something all hams can support.

Jim/W5JO