[AMRadio] ARRL initiative

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 21:46:34 EDT 2008

I don't have too much sympathy for a ham who would willingly move into
a restricted neighborhood and then complain he can't put up antennas.
But I've found it is becoming harder to find newer houses that do not
have at least some deed restrictions.   And folks who can't afford to
buy a house and instead need to rent often face similar troubles.
Apartments are the worst.

It can also be an especially thorny problem for a person who wants to
become a ham but already lives under the heavy hand of deed
restrictions.  That discourages even getting started.

And what about hen-pecked guys whose wives won't let them put up
antennas?  Can the ARRL help those poor souls?

I have complete freedom in this regard but still generally use
unobtrusive wire antennas mixed into the trees.  This keeps the
neighbors from getting too excited and blaming me for every electrical
oddity they encounter.   I have recently obtained some Rohn 25 tower
sections, though, and as six meters improves I am tempted to get an
erection up.  -grin-

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/