[AMRadio] RE: Fighting deed restrictions

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:50:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Ron Lawrence W4RON
<W4RON at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> The federal law, PRB-1, applies to citys and town making
> zoning laws restricting amateur radio stations. A CC&R is a contract you
> sign with the seller of the property,
> not a law.
> No one makes you sign the contract, except maybe your xyl...

That's exactly it. PRB-1 does not cover you if you willing sign a
contract. Doing so binds you to abide by the terms of the contract,
not try to play the victim. The whole 'complaining after the fact' is
right up there with trying to sue the hair dryer manufacturer after
using it in the shower (if you survive).

Plaintiff: "But... I didn't knoooow"

<traditional> Judge: "Then you're either a fool or a liar. Admitting
either while on the stand is not likely to help your case"

And I agree with Larry: XYL coercion is as bad as it gets, due to the
fact that you are intimately familiar with the individual who got you
into the situation in the first place. (o:

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ