[AMRadio] ARRL vs FCC over BPL

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Thu Jul 17 13:03:07 EDT 2008

Wow! I only had to get to your 1st paragraph to find inaccurate
reporting:

>From the ARRL home page dated July 15, 2008:
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_docu
ment=6520033586
and
http://pacer.cadc.uscourts.gov/common/opinions/200804/06-1343-1112979.pdf
and
http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/stories/2008/04/25/10064/

And, in your 3rd paragraph, more inaccurate reporting. Here's the real
story:

"The Administrative Council (AC) of the International Amateur Radio Union
(IARU) held its Annual Meeting on June 24-25, 2008 in Konstanz, Germany.
Topping the agenda was the consultative process leading to nominations
for IARU President and Vice President for the five-year term beginning on
May 9, 2009. Current IARU President Larry Price, W4RA, announced in 2007
that he was not available to serve an additional term. The AC agreed that
Vice President Tim Ellam, VE6SH, and Region 1 President Ole Garpestad,
LA2RR, are suitably qualified to serve as IARU President and Vice
President, respectively. Their nominations will be offered to the
Member-Societies for ratification. The ARRL serves as the International
Secretariat of the IARU."

You can read the IARU news release, dated June 26, 2008:
http://www.iaru-r2.org/wp-content/uploads/iaru-news-release-2008-ac.pdf
Tim is from Canada and Ole is from Norway.

Great fictional writing in the rest of your blurb; you should be doing
paperbacks.

Note: watch the wrap-arounds with the links. You can also go directly to
the ARRL home page and IARU home page and click on the links directly.

Pete, wa2cwa