[AMRadio] Broadcast Xmitter Conversion

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 18 11:29:31 EDT 2008

Mike

There is a SX-1 sitting at one of the broadcast sites I maintain. It's there for a back up to a DAX-1 but we've never been authorized to go ahead with restoration and hook up. I think there is a manual in the cabinet, and if there is I can make a copy for you. My immediate thought is that it would probably be kind of "iffy" to move the thing up to the ham bands and have it be agile since I think, and I emphasize think since I haven't looked at the beastie much lately, that it uses phased lines in the splitter that drives the individual amplifier modules and in the combiner that sums their outputs. If you move to a fixed freq. and/or within a limited bandwith of that spot you might be OK.

I'll swing by there this weekend and check for the manual. The neat thing about having to move this unit from the old abandoned site to the current site is that I got a Bauer 707 out of the effort. I AM moving that babe up to 160, 75/80, and 40m.

Bill AD5OL