[AMRadio] BPL and the ARRL

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 22:26:12 EDT 2008

I find it very interesting how the ARRL has changed the nature of their
challenge to BPL.

It started out as a worthy fight against yet another RFI problem from
devices that aren't supposed to radiate.  Over time their effort has
"morphed" into a drive to get BPL operators to notch out the ham bands
only and let the rest of the spectrum go to the dogs.  I wonder why?

I am against all forms of unnecessary radio noise from unlicensed
devices - not just those in the ham bands.  And I am a bit surprised
that the League has narrowed its objective in this way.  Maybe it makes
it easier to declare "mission accomplished"!

And, it should be noted that getting a few thousand bucks back from the
FCC doesn't do anything to stop BPL.  The FCC hasn't changed a thing...

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/