[AMRadio] BPL and the ARRL

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 18 22:49:06 EDT 2008

This is simply an unfair assertion. It is not the ARRL's job to be
the Omniscient Spectrum Protector. Most of the spectrum is not the
Amateur's to protect. If the Government allows an activity that
trashes its own spectrum, it's their problem, not the ARRL's. If the
Government allows activity that trashes the broadcast band, it's the
broadcaster's problem, not ours. Likewise the military, the FAA, and
on and on. The ARRL cannot protect everyone and it is unreasonable to
expect it to do so. It's primary responsibility is to promote the
Amateur service.

Kim Elmore, N5OP