[AMRadio] BPL and the ARRL

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sat Jul 19 21:58:17 EDT 2008

The League doesn't have to do everything my, way of course, - I was
just holding the organization up to the standard of my imaginary
"perfect organization".  A friend of mine offered an excellent
explanation of why the change, why the ARRL zeroed-in on just the ham
bands in the fight against BPL:

>The way Ed Hare puts it in the BPL list, is that hams (ARRL) have no
>legal beef in the spectrum that we are not licensed to use.
>Thus no legal leverage.

Good point.  Once the League switched to a legal battle with the FCC I
see they had to narrow the focus.  That makes sense.  But I do
encourage the ARRL to continue the overall anti-BPL effort, on all
fronts, on all bands, as it ultimately serves ham radio to have a
cleaner spectrum.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/