[AMRadio] AM Radio and The Beach Boys

Bob Young youngbob53 at msn.com
Sat Jul 19 23:33:06 EDT 2008

This is the first Bob, but I remember listening to transistor radios everywhere including bed when I was a kid, used to listen for NY stations at night (now with IBOC, I'd wish they'd shut half the damn things off) but yeah anything that sounded like The Beatles, Stones,  Beach Boys etc. were cool with me. I was 10 when The Beatles broke here, saw them on Ed Sullivan and remember it (really).
One of my favorites was a Radio Shack crystal radio I got when I was about 12, I remember hearing songs like I (Can't get no) Satisfaction on it, that and a nice Zenith tombstone my great grandmother had given me that I later blew up "fixing it", haha! Gotta love the Beach Boys though, I get around. Dance, dance, dance, 409, Little Deuce Coupe, on and on, I still have those LP's and play them, the good ones sound better than the CD's.

Bob Young
KB1OKL