[AMRadio] ON NBC TONIGHT - TOWER DOGS!

Steve Belcher wa1zuf at juno.com
Tue Jul 22 03:05:23 EDT 2008

As someone who works in the industry, (not as a climber!) I found the show
interesting.. I will note the operation of the company shown and those that
I have seen in operation here in the Northeast are a little different.

As an aside regarding the cell tower industry, my company was just given
part of a bid for the purposed installation of more then 18,000 towers
nationwide over the next 5 years. At first I thought the request was a typo,
however that is their goal,  more then 8 towers per day!  I have a difficult
time imagining where these towers and sites are all going, although the
first jobs we have seen are being set up down south. Just the permitting of
that many towers gives me doubt on how this will be accomplished.

Steve