[AMRadio] Gates BC1G

QED Consultants qed at hughes.net
Wed Jul 23 23:40:40 EDT 2008

I just converted mine. used pi l tank with vacuum variables and it tunes
160, 80, and 40. in the grid circuit used B&W bcl coil jack bar and homemade
coils, my old ones were falling apart.  added bias from the neg supply
through a diode, ac 30 a relay in the plate xformer and ac antenna relay,
added a 26 VDC power supply and a dc control relay. will turn on by push to
talk. ordered a eq from W2Ihy, he modified it for high output to drive the
16 DB audio input.   the final takes about 65 watts of drive, probably will
use a markV or Drake T4X shows input of about 1480 W and output into a dummy
load of 1250.     Bernie  W8RPW