[AMRadio] replacing fans in BC rigs

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sat Jul 26 23:50:45 EDT 2008

My Continental 314R1 1 kW had a noisy cabinet fan from Grainger in it. Sounded like a jet taking off. It also has a squirrel cage blower for the 3-500Zs that pressurizes them from underneath.  I replaced the  cabinet flushing fan with a Rotron Caravel fan. It is a lot less noisy, but still too loud. I like your idea of running them off 110 V, as they have 220 VAC motors in the 314R1.

73
John
K5PRO