[AMRadio] Has anyone seen one of these?

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 29 14:47:03 EDT 2008

Boy that's an interesting thought Don. My only objection to the theory, and I can't prove anything one way or the other, is that the top was only held on by 4 sheet metal screws, and given my monkey curiosity I might have opened it to see what was inside if I was the one that bought it. Also, the entire mass of the metal bits was somewhere on the order of about 2 or 3  3/4" by 1 1/4" bolts, which is about what the pieces were. One was threaded 3/4" dia. and about 1.25 long, another was about the same diameter and length and had a point machined on one end, and there were 2 other 3/4" pieces that might have been spacers of some kind.

Your idea definitely has merit. Who ever built the rig had significant sheet metal experience since the chassis's, front panels, and cheek plates were homemade and done pretty well. The builder was not however very electronically sophisticated so he might well have bought a pig in a poke from a conman.

73's

Bill