[AMRadio] New group on Yahoo Groups - For

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 09:35:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Ed Sieb <esieb at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Could not agree more with Brian. If you can't find the answer here,
> or on Amfone.net, you can't find the answer anywhere.

I've seen the same thing on the Milsurplus list: someone gets a woody
for their favorite piece of surplus, starts 'their own' list for that
particular radio, then includes the address of the original list and
several others in any query they send out. If you were foolish enough
to sign up for the new list, you get the same message multiple times.
I've never figured out if they feel special for doing it, or actually
believe they are offering some great service to the rest of us. I
tried subscribing to a couple years ago and ended up dumping them from
lack of activity. Once the excitement over the new toy subsides a bit,
it gets quiet pretty fast.

IIRC, someone did this last year with a 'Collins 20V' list. Wonder how
that went? Personally, I'd always feel I was missing out on the true
talent available on this list and AMfone because so many users will
have zero interest in yet another list (read 'more email, more spam,
more deleting to do).

Ego-driven, perhaps? Nothing else seems to make any sense.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ