[AMRadio] Geez, ain't we all easily annoyed

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:02:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Jim Isbell, W5JAI
<jim.isbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, where is AMphone???  Another list to monitor...#8-(

It's a website/BBS Jim:

http://amfone.net

This was Brian's original domain name back in.....when was in Brian?
Late 90s? Early 2000? Gary W2INR (then N2INR) ran a site called the AM
Classifieds and Brian had AMfone. They combined them some years back
with excellent results. Here's a direct link to the history:

http://amfone.net/amfonehistory.htm

Think of it more as a complimentary site and not another email list
Jim, because it's not a list at all. We can post photos, diagrams,
manuals, things not easily dealt with via email, on the site for all
to use and enjoy. And we can chatter away here.

As far as missing anything, I wouldn't worry too much. After a while,
you get a good idea of where to be - where the activity is. In the
world of AM, this reflector and its sister site AMfone.net should
handle your needs and questions quite well. And there are a TON of
interesting webpages out there to peruse as well. I remember when
there were 5 or 6, including Nick England's page, John Brewer's
'Boatscape', Brian's site and a couple others. Thought I'd wear those
.jpegs and links out.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ