[AMRadio] rural reception, TVI

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Wed Jun 4 13:32:16 EDT 2008

Me too, Jim. No cable where I live, not even DSL available. Satellite or off the air antennas work. I have a quality Winegard VHF antenna with integral preamp, up about 20 feet, to get all the networks out off Sandia Crest, which is ~70 miles. I have a separate UHF 10 dB Stico yagi up on the tower at 28 feet, for the one U station I used to watch. However, when I finally convert to DTV, will need to re-evalutate my channels and antennas as some of the stations have moved up into UHF land for their digital signals.

Television ain't worth that much, to pay for satellite or cable. We watch about an hour a week at most. Plenty of other things to waste our time on.
73
John
K5PRO