[AMRadio] AM on 160m

Ken Zuercher hepcatrevival at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 23:59:06 EDT 2008

Jim, If I had a little more land, I'd put up dipoles
also. I am however using half slopers on 40,20, and 10
meters. the longest is only 32 feet. The 40 meter unit
tunes well on 15 also. i haven't worked anyone on 15
as I haven't been around when the band is open. I am
just about able to put up a 75 meter half sloper to a
point on a tree from the tower. What do you use to
tickle the dipoles? I have a Heath DX-40 which is more
than enough for any cw contact but I haven't done more
than test on AM. Do you think the higher bands will go
with the lower power on AM?
Thanks for the advice in advance!
Ken KC8QO