[AMRadio] Electrolytic Capacitor Reforming

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Jun 6 00:38:36 EDT 2008

> The response I liked best (and was closest to what I recall) was less than
> 50 microamps at full rated voltage....
>

> 73, Barrie, W7ALW

Whatever amount of leakage current you decide would be acceptaable, it would
be proportional to the capacitance.  A 2 mfd capacitor would be expected to
have much lower leakage current than a 50 mfd one at the same voltage rating
and test voltage.

For example, think of a 20 mfd cap as equivalent to ten 2-mfd caps wired in
parallel.  So you would expect 10 times the leakage current with the 20 mfd.

Don k4kyv