[AMRadio] Diode Blocks

Bob Bruno - K2KI k2ki at starc.org
Fri Jun 6 16:20:02 EDT 2008

I too would like to have this info too. I have 4 large black diode
blocks which will not test.

Here is the info I have on mine:
The blocks measure 1" x 1" x 4 3/4" long and have the following markings:

   ED6839
A diode symbol
  EDI 8552

I sent an email to EDI about 3 months back plus a follow up a month ago
and hey have gone unanswered.

They test open but I know that at least two work because I took them out
of a working HB power supply that powered a 4x811A amp. The other two
were spares.

So, any info on how to test and rate these would be most helpful...

73...
Bob de k2ki