[AMRadio] Life in the mid to late '30s

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 10:43:30 EDT 2008

How did a new ham back in the mid to late 1930's typically get on the
air?  I imagine he'd probably have been loaned a receiver and perhaps
a handbook to use while he built his own transmitter?  Would a novice
have built his own receiver as well or would this have been uncommon?

I'd like to put together a vintage shack from this era.  I'm just
trying to determine if I should just buy a receiver such as an RME-69
or HRO and homebrew the rest of the station.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE