[AMRadio] Advice please: Globe King trips GFI socket

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Jun 9 15:33:08 EDT 2008

Hi Les,

Like Grant said check those line bypass caps.  I have a 500 A, they
are still present, and I don't have any trouble.  I use a 3 wire
cord on mine.

If you don't mind, why are your using a GFI?  Around here the code
only require them within 3 ft. of a water source.  Sometimes RF can
give them fits as well.  So if you aren't violating code, I would
remove the GRI and put in a standard socket.  First you might get a
long extension cord and try it in a standard socket to see what
happens.  If it opens a circuit breaker, then find out why.

Have fun and live it up.

73

Jim/W5JO