[AMRadio] AM on 160m

Ken Zuercher hepcatrevival at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 23:28:28 EDT 2008

Jim,

"The more work you put into the antenna the better the
payoff no matter
what the transmitter."
Truer words have never been spoken!
My lot is 48X108ft. I do have a Hygain vertical and a
MiniQuad that may get put back into service. I used to
run QRP with the vertical on 80-10 meters with a Heath
HW-8. I worked all over when conditions were fair to
better. I also used the 75 meter half sloper to check
in toa cw net every day. They could hear me so I guess
it was oK. I'm negotiating with a friend here in
Toledo to take custody of his DX-100. That should help
on 75 AM. "Have some splainin to do Lucy" about the
size of the stuff I am bringing into the house. Thanks
for the advice and good conversation. Hope to meet you
on the air some time.
Ken