[AMRadio] SB-200 on AM

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue Jun 10 14:26:44 EDT 2008

   I have found (and hauled home) a slightly-ailing SB-200 amp that I would
like to use on AM...  I'll be driving it with an Alinco DX-70 (40W AM/CW),
into an ATR-15 tuner, thence by ladder-line out to my "Sort-Of-NVIS Loop",
the which system right now tunes 75 Fone down to 1.1:1 very stably and
reliably.

   Aside from the many pages of mods and tweaks, does anyone have any
comments/experiences - good-bad-ugly - ?

   My previous AM rig was a Valiant - I've not had a separate amplifier
since I sold off all my S-Line gear back in the late 80s.

    Thanks in advance for any info or thoughts on the SB-200 in AM service.

Cheers

John KB6SCO
Carson City, NV