[AMRadio] Life in the mid to late '30s

QED Consultants qed at hughes.net
Wed Jun 11 07:03:07 EDT 2008

The HQ120 would be an interesting rx, if it has not be restored, expect to
replace every capacitor and likely some resisters that have changed value. I
did bid on an old restored HRO on ebay. it went for some big bucks, I think
around $1200.  be very careful around any  tx voltage when you home brew, it
is difficult to not have exposed voltage when building and testing.   there
is no such thing as a slight electrical shock. I got into 450 DC from a
finger to forearm abt 1954 and have never forgotten it.  shut it off, pull
the plug ground everything and ground everything again.    I use the so
called "chicken stick" a flex conductor perminatly attached to the chassis
and then an insulated rod to hold the other end as you touch stuff.    There
are only two types of Hams, those who have been bit and those who are going
to be bit! Have fun Bernie W8RPW