[AMRadio] Well, it has finally happened!

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 13:15:30 EDT 2008

Jim,
  The HiFi audio people have been using Cat5 for speaker interconnects
for awhile now. But repackaged and promoted as 'custom' at the listed
price per 5 ft !!!!!! That is really absurd.!! Someone in marketing has
spent too much time reading network cable specs. Maybe we should start
using this type of cable for our feed lines since it is seemingly
proper by the ratings ;)  And as a bonus it would eliminate the noisy
computer generated interference by blowing up the Nic cards by
co-incidental resonance.

I haven't decided which is the worst noise source, my computer
monitors, laptop and accy switching supply wall warts or the network
cables radiation. Putting a spectrum Analy on a random wire shows so
many computer related signals it is a wonder I can hear any low level
transmissions at all.

Bill, KB3DKS