[AMRadio] Resistors

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Fri Jun 27 10:21:01 EDT 2008

	The interesting thing here is that in a half watt resistor of
500,000 mega ohms, the current must be less that 1 micro amps and that would
be at a voltage of 500,000 volts.  That resistor would need to be longer
than a couple of inches to prevent it for arcing around the outside and as
someone said in a glass vacuum chamber.

	So curiosity has me.  Maybe I missed it, but what is its intended
use.  If for a high voltage meter for measuring static charge, I bet a 0-1
micro amp movement will cost more than your gasoline bill.

John, WA5BXO