[AMRadio] Bondo

Rick rickb at tx.rr.com
Mon Jun 30 19:41:27 EDT 2008

Thanks Mike, but that's way more work than I want to do.  I haven't done any
welding or brazing in a long time.  I'm sure that would look great, but too
much for an old coot like me.  HI

73,
Rick/K5IAR

What material is the panel made of? If steel, I would braze up the holes
and grind them smooth and use a tiny skin layer of the body filler to
make them glass smooth for finishing. You could solder them up also. If
aluminum, I would use those low temp aluminum brazing rods and braze the
holes shut. You could also use the higher temp aluminum brazing rods
with brazing flux or gas weld them with aluminum rods/flux. Finish with
your favorite body filler. Duraglass is a polyester based filler that
does NOT absorb moisture. That's an option too.

Have fun,
Mike
WE0H