[AMRadio] Which radio might be best on AM?

Jim Tonne tonne at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 13:11:04 EST 2008

Don wrote in part:

> I would not consider transmitting with any radio that "simulates AM with a
> carrier and only one side band".  . . .
and
> . . .  It doesn't sound good because of  fundamental principles of  the
> modulation and demodulation process.

This is clearly illustrated in a little utility I wrote which
which is here:
http://tonnesoftware.com/ModTutor.exe

You can "play' with modulation percentage and carrier
level, with double or single sideband, and see what the
transmitted envelope looks like.  It is quite apparent then
why single sideband plus carrier is so awful at high
modulation percentages.

I just checked;  its been downloaded 244 times.

- Jim WB6BLD