[AMRadio] ADMIN NOTICE (receiving and replying to messages)

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sun Mar 2 14:02:13 EST 2008

> From: "Todd, KA1KAQ" <ka1kaq at gmail.com>

> In this situation, all replies are being forced to the list,
> regardless. A sender must intervene and manually change addresses and
> so on to prevent this. If you hit 'reply', it goes to the entire list.
> If you hit 'reply all', it still goes to the entire list plus any
> individuals listed. So potentially, folks get the same message twice.

That has been the situation with other lists that I have been on, where I
would usually get duplicate messages when people responded to something I
posted.  Those other lists long ago changed the settings to correct that
problem.

Again, I cannot fully emphasise how strongly I recommend switching to the
digest mode to reduce clutter in your in-box.  It takes a couple more steps
to reply to a message in the digest, and you have to highlight and copy
individual messages and save them as a text or word file if you don't want
to save the whole batch in the digest, but overall, it is less hassle.  You
get to read the messages in batches of several, rather than having to click
and download each message separately.  It allows you to quickly scan through
all the messages and ignore the ones of no interest, rather than clicking on
each one and then deciding whether or not to  read or save it.

I could never manage the hundred plus e-mails I would receive daily if I
turned off the Digest Mode on all six of the radio and non-radio related
lists I subscribe to.

Don k4kyv