[AMRadio] ADMIN NOTICE (receiving and replying to messages)

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:24:27 EST 2008

D. Chester wrote:
> That has been the situation with other lists that I have been on,
> where I would usually get duplicate messages when people responded to
> something I posted.  Those other lists long ago changed the settings
> to correct that problem.
>
> Again, I cannot fully emphasise how strongly I recommend switching to
> the digest mode to reduce clutter in your in-box.

With Thunderbird email client, (and it's possible in M$'s Outlook, [and
Express]) I simply create a folder under my main in-box folder, name it
something like "AMRadio", then go to an AMRadio Message, click "Message"
tab at the top, then  --> "Create Filter from Message" and then tell the
filter to take any messages with [AMRadio] in the subject line, and move
them to the newly created folder.  AM Radio stuff says in the AM Radio
folder, T-368/BC-610 stuff stays in it's own folder, and individuals
that I receive lots of mail from have their own folders.

The program will let you know how many unread messages there are in each
folder.  You could even initiate the 'thread' mode of reading messages
in that folder, so that if there's a subject you don't want to read, you
can just 'ignore' all messages in the thread of the same subject line.

Easier to prioritize that way.

There must be hundreds of solutions that one could utilize.  But, the
bottom line is, "PC" stands for "Personal Choice".

 How you (you in the 'collective' sense - talking about all ya'll) run
-your- system, is -your- prerogative.  *I* will run -mine- as *I* see fit.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR