[AMRadio] New AM Swap list

A.R.S. - WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:06:30 EST 2008

In an attempt to solve some problems with the For Sale and Trading on
the main AM Discussion list, we now have a new "sister" list called
AMSwap.

It is set up where if you press the reply button, it will reply ONLY
to the sender of the posting, not back to the list.

The members of the current AMRadio list will not have to do anything
to join, as I will automatically apply your membership to this new
list.  When I do this, an email will be sent to you with instructions
on particulars such as how to un-subscribe (if you don't want to see
FS items), set digest mode, etc.  Since there will likely not be too
many posts compared to the main list, digest mode might not be needed.

Be sure to put amswap at mailman.qth.net into your address book, and use
it only to send trading type posts.  Please do not use that list for
general AM Discussion either.

The AMSwap list is only for posting those items that are directly
related to AM equipment, however, towers, tuners, and other items are
of course accepted.  If you have a list of AM type items, and you want
to include a modern rig or two, that will be fine, however the primary
purpose of this new list is for vintage AM type equipment.

QTH.NET has graciously agreed to offer us this new list after my
request.  With the recent postings about how to donate money, etc., I
will post that info later on how to send them anything you would like,
and I do encourage the members to do so.

Please wait until you get your membership confirmation for the new
AMSwap list before posting to the new list.

Hope this helps...

73
Brian / wa5am

--
"Money is only temporary, radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dawg"/K5BAI