[AMRadio] Noise Update

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Thu Mar 6 17:11:21 EST 2008

A few weeks ago, I was one of the instigators of a thread on this list about
finding and eliminating noise.

I have been battling a serious noise from the BC band through 40 meters
since April of last year.

It had been determined that the noise was coming from something in a house
about a block away on another street.

Today, thanks to a third party, the noise was traced to a DVD player. Once
this machine was unplugged, it went away.

The player was an older model. We suspect it received a spike from some
nearby lightning which occurred at about the time the problem began.

He says he will replace it.

So for now at least, 75 and 40 meters are useable again.

Mike Duke, K5XU