[AMRadio] Why do some people capitalise "ham"?

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Mar 7 12:41:10 EST 2008

Lately, on e-Ham, QRZ.com and elsewhere I see a lot of people spell "ham
radio" as "HAM radio". Why is this? I never noticed it until the last couple
of years.

I think it looks dorky as hell. Worse still, when it's just called "HAM", as
in

"I've been into HAM for several years now."

"I'm studying for the test so I can get my HAM."

When I want my HAM, I go to SAFEWAY or KROGERS.

Believe it or not, I have even seen it spelt "H.A.M."

Just a  minor irritant, but I am beginning to see it all the time and wonder
if anyone else has noticed this and if you find it annoying as I do.

Don, k4kyv