[AMRadio] Why do some people capitalise "ham"?

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Fri Mar 7 12:59:00 EST 2008

Maybe some are referring to Handheld Amateur Radio or possibly they're
referring to a Host Adapter Module or maybe they just feel proud to be a
HAM. Of course, one could ask why "DX", why "CQ", why W1AW and not w1aw,
etc. etc.

Slang is slang; spell it or pronounce anyway you want.

Of course, one could also ask why some don't use a spell checker.

Pete, Wa2CwA