[AMRadio] Another sticking point

Edward B Richards zuu6k at juno.com
Fri Mar 7 17:19:27 EST 2008

Are we getting picky now? Not all fixed stations are base stations. My
definition of "base station" is the station at your base of operations;
in my case, my home. You might have a fixed station at another location
that is not your "base station". However, I agree that the ads should
refer to fixed stations. I think they use "base station" to differentiate
fixed stations from mobile stations. It also gives a degree of personal
possession. Something to enhance "your base station" sounds better than
something to enhance "your fixed station". Carry on.

Ed  K6UUZ