[AMRadio] Re: ICE STORM

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Mar 9 09:43:57 EST 2008

The quad,  folded dipole and loop are the only types of antennas that I
can think of where this would work.  You have a complete circuit with
them.

A dipole or beam doesn't have that unless you have a balun on them.  In
that case, the current would go up the feedline to the balun and come
right back, doing nothing for the antenna itself.

Many broadcast antennas use this scheme, but they are folded dipoles.

Jim/W5JO