[AMRadio] Recapping a DX-100

Bob Bruno - K2KI k2ki at starc.org
Sun Mar 9 11:13:03 EST 2008

Hi everybody,

I recently had a DX-100 fall into my lap. Cosmetically it is immaculate
inside. Outside needs a little soap & water but there are no scratches
or wear marks. AND... No hack jobs or "extra" holes drilled into it. It
came to me with the enclosure too.

My questions:

1 - Has anyone created a "recap/mod" kit for this? The radio needs a
recap plus the mods that are posted on the Intraweb. :-)

2- Any good sourced for tubes?

3 - Are there any suggestions as to what the caps or other key
components should be replaced with? (modern day equivalent)

Thanks for reading this...

73, cul...
Bob de k2ki