[AMRadio] Progress report on my DX-100

Gerald Stockinger cliogunsmith at centurytel.net
Wed Mar 12 09:39:49 EST 2008

Hi Bob, Nice looking job. I have not worked on a DX-100 in 25 yrs but
your posting brought back thoughts about a problem we had with the
DX-100 at that time. The original DX-100's had the sockets for the high
voltage rectifiers mount tight up against the chassis. Occasionally one
would have a pin rivet arc to the chassis when the HV was turned on. It
took a fuse out so fast that you had no chance to see what happened.
This was solved by adding a few small washers to space the sockets down
from the chassis.  You might want to look at this before you power up
the rig as it will drive you batty if this starts to happen. I believe
that in the later units this was resolved but I am sure there are enough
old rigs around. After all that is what we look for.  73
Gerald D. (Jerry) Stockinger
K9GOZ