[AMRadio] Collins R390/URR versus R390A

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 21:13:09 EST 2008

I have a Collins R390URR and am beginning to fire it
up after it having been on the shelf for about 20
years. It is dirty and all switches seem dirty and
noisy. At least, it makes ambient noise without an
antenna connected.

I am finding more information regarding the R390A than
the R390/URR.

I would like to have someone run down the major
differences between the two models. I am interested in
the MAJOR differences and how they affect the
performance of each. I am not trying to necessarily
own the "ultimate" of the two, but need to know what
to expect from my old R390/URR and whether I will be
happy with it in my Amplitude Modulated station.

Great detail isn't necessary, but general information
will be appreciated. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW