[AMRadio] Re: KFI Tower Falls...again! (AirRadio)

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Mar 22 09:37:02 EST 2008

> From: "AirRadio" <AirRadio at dsl.pipex.com>

> Well, Spectacular and a bit sad, but at least no one killed, just a few
> bank
> accounts dented, you can buy another tower but not another life. credit to
> those guys who work on these towers. 73 Max

Undoubtedly, they had insurance coverage.

As I recall, there was a lot of local opposition to re-erecting the tower.
Hope some politicians don't find in this some excuse to block
reconstruction.

Reconstruction shouldn't have ever been a question, and they shouldn't have
had to shorten the tower from its original height, since it was an altimeter
malfunction on the plane that caused the accident, and the original tower
had been there for decades.  That could have happened to any tower of any
height.

Don k4kyv