[AMRadio] RE: Transformer LT Spice

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 23 16:11:46 EST 2008

>Jim Tonne
			>Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:46:29 -0700
		>To the techies on this list.  I am designing a power
>supply using LTspice and need some numbers.

>Just had a thought that you might be able to
>answer a question I have.  Do you know about
>what the various numbers might be for a power
>transformer for a 600 watt ham rig?  What I
>need are typical numbers for primary resistance,
>primary leakage, primary inductance, secondary
>inductance, secondary leakage and secondary
>resistance.  Primary voltage would be 240 volts
>and secondary would be what is needed for a
>DC level of about 1800 volts and a power level
>of 600 watts.

>Any clue as to the various numbers?

>- Jim Tonne   WB6BLD
Reply by Jim, WD5JKO:

Jim,

  A lot of the parameters you mention depend on the construction method of the transformer, and which way the cost versus performance ratio went.  I found a pretty good  tutorial on the web that  goes through a lot of this and a whole lot more.

Take a look at Patrick Turners web site, the link below goes specifically to power transformers. He has a whole lot more stuff there too.

http://www.turneraudio.com.au/powertranschokes.htm

Regards,
Jim
WD5JKO