[AMRadio] Another Bandwidth Petition DENIED by FCC

Mack Rogers n4vgb at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 17:05:34 EDT 2008

Don, I think you missed the point on this petition.
This petition was aimed directly at the heart of
WinLink.

A data service that is exclusive to those who purchase
equipment from the provider and meant solely to open
amateur frequencies to use by non-licensed persons and
entities, transmitting non-amateur related data.

WinLink users have been instructed to turn off the
feature that checks for a busy frequency before
transmitting, a completely illegal action per FCC
rules.

WinLink apparently has been successful in swaying the
thoughts of U.S. Government officials to their side of
the issue using the constant chant of "emergency
communications", while one of them is most famous for
selling the equipment to California yacht owners.

Will you be so happy when/if WinLink decides that
1885kc is most effective for their use?

Mack Rogers
N4VGB

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-08-1082A1.pdf