[AMRadio] 6HG8

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu May 15 17:27:27 EDT 2008

Is anyone familiar with this tube.  It is a dual pentode/triode and I
have two of them.  Both exhibit a bit of strange behavior in my tube
checker, a Western Electric KS-15650-L.

When I set the checker for the pentode section the directions say to set
the bias for 1 volt.  Then when I press the test button the bias jumps
to 2.4 volts.  The triode section checks correct.

Does anyone have experience with this tube and can tell me if this is
something particular to it?  In all my born days, I have never seen
anything like this.  I would consider it a short, but the short test
does not indicate thus.

Jim/W5JO