[AMRadio] Dummy Load

Rick Brashear rickb at tx.rr.com
Thu May 15 17:28:41 EDT 2008

Thanks guys for all the ideas.  Well.. except Jim and his idea... :-)  It
looks like a surplus unit will be the easiest way.  Do most or all of the
higher power commercial dummy loads use blowers and heat sinks instead of
oil?  I wonder if there is a formula (that I would be able to understand) to
calculate the needed air flow over a certain wattage load to maintain a
reasonable heat?  Probably way too technical for me.

Thanks again!
Rick/K5IAR

bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jim Wilhite
 Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Dummy Load

Just wet one finger and touch the antenna port then grab the cabinet
with the other