[AMRadio] Dummy Load

John coleman wa5bxo at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:36:28 EDT 2008

Hi Rick:
	Some time ago I located 12 - 600 ohm 100 watt or more non inductive
resistors.  I purchased them from http://www.goldmine-elec.com/.  They are a
surplus dealer.  My plan was to build a dummy load by paralleling all of
them in an air vented box but I never got to it.  Some day I will.  In the
mean time that is what I recommend for you to look for.  These are long
(maybe 10 - 12") snap-in resistors about 1" diameter made of "carborundum"
or something like that, with silvered ends for snapping into large 1"
sockets on standoffs.

Good Luck
John