[AMRadio] Defenitive Listing of DX60 Mods?

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Thu May 15 18:52:36 EDT 2008

The HR-10 is a fine receiver to use with the DX-60 for CW or AM use. You
need to try it.

My HR-10 has a problem with the AGC when used. But for CW or SSB I have it
turned off. I have been meaning to open it up and find out what is wrong
with it.

When you tune across a strong signal the S-Meter initially goes negative
then swings positive and as you tune further across the signal it goes
negative again before moving back to the zero point.

There has been a discussion on this problem on some of these lists but no
one has identified the source of the problem.

I modified the accessory socket to provide power for a one tube electronic
T/R switch which I may or may not use.

I am modifying my DX-60 with a key and mike jack on the back of the unit to
eliminate desk clutter. I may change the front mike connector to the 2 pin
connector used on the SSB units.

PTT can be implemented by simply using the mike switch to key the oscillator
just like the key does.

I am going to use a 120VAC relay connected to the AC connections on the
accessory jack to switch the HV and provide contacts for a T/R relay. I am
going to use a RCA connector to connect the external T/R relay to the DX-60.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"